Jiu Jitsu is a martial art and combat sport that teaches a smaller person how to defend himself against a larger adversary by using leverage and proper technique. The Gracie family, the founders of BJJ, modified judo and traditional Japanese jujutsu to create the art.


Our instruction is ran by Head instructor Professor Rocky Ramirez. Professor Ramirez is a Black Belt received from  Professor Kevin "Conan" Bankens. Professor Bankens is a 2nd degree black belt under CARLOS MACHADO.


Here at WPG Jiu jitsu we focus a lot on technique and drilling. Repetition repetition. Our schools Curriculum  is under Pacific Top Team and founder Professor Juan Pablo Garcia (2nd degree black belt out of Corona California). Professor Ramirez is a black belt under Professor JP Garcia. Ramirez BJJ is an affiliate of Pacific Top Team.


Unlike most schools that just spar and roll we do it all. 60% of our classes is technique, the other 40% is stretching and live rolling. We have 2-3 days a week that consist of open mat. No instruction class but review and rolling. Others schools and teams also attend sometimes.


check out the schedule page to see when our Jiu jitsu classes are on. First class is always FREE. If you don't have a Jiu jitsu GI we have lenders.


Westside Power Gym is proud to support Mission 22, Veteran and Gym Owner Rocky Ramirez strongly believes in helping our veterans who have returned home get the support they need. click the link below for the story and the mission 22 logo to support the cause.



Westside power gym coach and student

Chase Emener displaying what he’s learned at Westside Power Gym Jiu Jitsu.


Kids Brazilian jiu-jitsu


$96 a month kids brazilian Jiu jitsu. Most affordable program in town


505.220.8712     1620 Sara Road SE Rio Rancho, NM 87124     westsidepowergym@gmail.com

This site and all images are protected by copyright and trademark laws under US and International law. All rights reserved. © 2011-2018 Westside Power Gym

This site powered by Pixl Squared